Speer Family Blog

With so many of our family and friends living far from us (or is it that we live far from you?), this is our way of keeping you in the loop of the memorable moments of our family! This blog will keep you up-to-date on all of our zany thoughts and experiences, as well as provide you with a plethora of pictures of our handsome sons Luke William and Zealand Gabriel Beck!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thank You, Lady Gaga

This morning I was cleaning the house and Luke was following me from room to room helping me vaccuum.  I starting singing Lady Gaga's Bad Romance..."Ra Ra-ah-ah-ah, Roma Roma-ma" and he shouts out "GA GA"!  So cute!  Last week, after a fun weekend at Grandma and PaPa's house, we had a long drive home and we listened to the Gaga CD and he said "gaga" and I cheered him on, but I had no idea it'd stick and he'd recognize it a week later!  So much fun!

Little Zealand is just about sitting up on his own.  He's doing it for 8 seconds but Zac and I have decided it doesn't officially count until he does it on his own for 10 seconds. 
But the precious little guy is in the 98th percentile in height and has a really long torso he's trying to balance, so we're helping him practice as often as we can.  He's so awesome! 

As of today, it is summer and I already have had a ton of fun with them in the sun and a ton of sunny pictures that captured most of it.  Here is one series of pictures I took of Luke this weekend.  You can see in the first picture that I just called his name.  I told him to spray himself.  Like a good little boy, he listened to his mommy, sprayed himself right in the face and followed to throw the hose down.  He ran staight over to me and the final picture is of his sweet little face drenched. 

Luke is fascinated with money right now :)  Grandma and Papa gave him a piggy bank for his first birthday which he started taking notice to a few weeks ago.  "Piggy" he'll shout out.  Then we showed him how to fill the piggy with change that he calls "money" or muh-nee.  I have given him all the change out of my wallet and he's always trying to fill his piggy, but I'm running out of change!  I guess this is a good thing if he continues to want to save money, rather than spend it like his mama!

Finally, we had a fabulous Father's Day with all four of us being home together.  It was super hot and we all squeezed into Luke's dragon pool.  Even Zealand kept cool and we shaded him from the sun!  We kept Luke laughing by pouring water over him and one another...even letting him pour water over mommy and daddy.  We concluded the fun day with a delicious homemade dinner of enchiladas and chili rellenos.  Needless to say, I think everyone in our home slept very well last night! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment